Waiting for your driver’s license to arrive? Well, the department will take its time but the best part is that the department of Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has facilitated the people to check their DL status in a very easy and convenient way. Hence, this way you can get aware that when exactly you can expect your license to arrive home.
Normally, it takes roughly 20 days or maximum a month for the Driving License to be delivered to your home. If you are at home and receiving the license personally, nothing like it. But if you do not happen to be at your home at that time, make sure you deploy someone from your family at your home to receive the driving license. Also, id proofs with other documentation as proof needs to handed over to the concerned person who comes to your home for the delivery of the driving license. Only after which, you will be handed over the driving license. Click on this site to know more about checking driving license application status.
Knowing the status of your driver’s license application
When the applicant fills up the application form to get the driving license, he gets an application token number with it for his reference and tracking of DL status later on. In order to check the status of your driver’s license, you will have to go to the local RTO or the Road Transport Office of your city. There you have to provide your receipt or application token number to the person concerned. It should match the application number, which was provided when you were given a learner’s license or when you gave your tests. After this, you will be able to know the details of your DL status within seconds.
However, if you want to adopt an online way, it is way easier. The steps to check DL status update are mentioned below:
- Go to your respective state transportation website. For example, if you are from Delhi, you can search for the link or the website of Transport Department Government of New Delhi. Since there are different websites for different cities and states of India, you will have to search for your respective website.
- Look for a tab or a link where it is written that ‘Track Your Delivery license delivery status’ or just ‘Driving license search’ or ‘DL status’. Click on it, you will be able to view another page.
- The page opened will contain various services, you will have to click on document delivery status.
- You will find a space where you will be expected to jot down your token number along with the zone.
- Once you are done filling all these necessary details, click on the ‘Search’ button or ‘Submit’ button or ‘Go’ button to view the results of your DL status.
- The results will be displayed on your screen with the details like whether the card is printed or the card has been dispatched along with the dispatched date.
Another way to check your DL status:
- Open the link https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/applViewStatus.do
- The page will open where you will be asked to fill in a couple of details.
- The first thing you will need to fill in is your application number.
- Another thing that has to be filled in the given space is your date of birth
- Make sure to check twice whether you have filled the details correctly.
- When you are sure there is no error, click on the ‘Submit’ button to view DL status.
The Status of your driving license application will be displayed on your computer screen.